Saturday, August 16, 2014

The joys of August

My co-workers now call me "Piles" because I leave stacks of paper everywhere as I work. 

On an ordinary Thursday, Matt and I drove to Ivanhoes to eat ice cream before returning home to make dinner. Dessert first.

It's been raining all day. The summer has officially hidden itself beneath late spring and early fall for three months. I still prefer its mild identity crisis over winter's bone-chilling wrath.

I figured out how to make broccoli cheddar soup and I'm very proud of myself.

Last night I ate strawberries and s'mores.

Lightening bugs.

Dinner time is often peppered with a couple episodes of Seinfeld.

A student lent me an excellent book that I've almost finished. Matt reads about the non-fictional World War II and I read about the fictional Civil War.

1 comment: