Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The times, they are a-changin'

Two years ago, I had no friends who were engaged or who had just gotten married. Today, I did a count. The girls I live with did not appreciate my counting -- but I thought the statistics were interesting. Denny Wongosari's marriage sparked the numbering: He's married? When did he get engaged?!

I have 35 friends who are engaged and an even 50 who recently tied the knot. Five now have babies on the way. What the what!

I am enamored by the life changes of the 20's. This is nothing new. I was also enamored when everyone was getting their licenses: "Isn't it cool that everyone can DRIVE? That guy can fail his bio test, but he's allowed to operate heavy machinery. Isn't that crazy?! WE'RE GROWING UP SO FAST!" For some reason, no one seemed to share my big-picture fascination. My "grown up" soul still had to get rides from friends everywhere, so... thank goodness for friends who let you ramble about how big they've gotten. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment