Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's been five weeks and

I'm finally starting to be willing to talk about my job. I'll talk about it to inform someone new, but when a friend asks, "How's your job?" I mostly respond, "Really good. Exhausting. I don't want to talk about it yet." The concept of unpacking work seems overwhelming, so I don't do it readily. I love to chatter, so I'm sure the feeling will continue to wane.

I have such a great job and I love the people I work with, students and staff alike.

Yesterday, I got to go on a Service Learning Opportunity to a dear farm -- we pet fawns and unloaded hay bales. It was simultaneously a fun break and a rewarding project. The students and I learned a lot.

In the afternoon Ciera and I went recruiting. It's such a unique experience: you meet all sorts of people and get all sorts of lost.

Despite my affection for the job, I still look forward to Friday. Maybe tomorrow I'll leave early enough for Karamel McKnutts? Only time will tell. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment