Saturday, January 26, 2013

No Words Good Enough

I realized at school yesterday that I'm getting sick and I'm in need of rest. Roger called me "chippy."
Chippy: adj. The opposite of "chipper" with the same amount of energy. Synonyms: snippy, snappish, short. Antonymns: chipper, exuberant, joyous. 

Last Friday, my dinner took an apocolyptic turn and, in a storm of frustration, I scrapped everything and picked up Little Caesars for Harmon House. THIS Friday, however, was miraculous. Even though I got home late, everything flew together beautifully (minus Kayla's 4th degree burn). We feasted on seasoned tilapia with mango salsa, cilantro rice, and cinnamon carrots. That's a win for the Gipper.

Kayla and I had a great date at Starbucks. Mochas are the BEST. Good conversation with Curls is the chocolate you find at the bottom of the cup and Petricek compliments are fluffy whipped cream topping.

When we returned -- just wait, this is where things blow up -- A SURPRISE PARTY WAS WAITING!!! A million little details happened that day that I didn't put together.*

Here's a list of my favorite things: surprises and balloons and cake and candles and Kemps and Wavelength and Spanish stories and Teach for America interviews and coffee and tea and laughter. Noelle and Lindsay and Emily and Chet and Chris and Pete and Matt and Kayla and Rachel and Kyla and Anne and Nick and Zach

The night concluded with tiredness and Taco Bell. Harmon house did the most fantastical job. I am still in awe. 

*Things I managed not to be suspicious about: Kayla taking forever at Noelle's (to blow up balloons), Matt telling me he'd see me soon at Jimmy Johns ("tonight"), the chocolate frosting on the fridge (cake), the chocolate ice cream in the freezer (ice cream), Kayla's insistence on going out right before Nick and Chris were going to come by to play cards (9 people), Anne deep-cleaning the whole house (party prep), a million cars around our house (9 people), Rachel pre-heating the oven while we were cooking (cake)... etc.

2 comments:

  1. :)
    add to the list of things you should have been suspicious about: frantic whispering in the kitchen when you went to the bathroom.
    biggest regret: few to no pictures.

    ReplyDelete