Monday, July 8, 2013

Thoughts and Images from a Monday

Dreams About Whiteboards and Video Game Riddles
I've been feeling restless as school approaches once again. I've had dreams about inadequacy and frustration.

But the existence of my "teacher fears" prove that I am a teacher. Since I have been made a teacher, I can have joy that I have been made adequate and given hope for my students. I am David with his slingshot. How fun.

Pancakes
A circle table is scooted next to a rectangular table. Our party is eight and they try to make the seating comfortable. Anne and I hold hands and pray and laugh. We eat pancakes for 55 cents. Some of us drink coffee. It's a good Monday dinner.

Camping Chairs
I perch on one on the porch as it rains softly.
Kayla sits on one in the living room, putting her feet on the gingham couch.
Anne rests on one after her evening run.

Matt and I 
We sit in the living room because the air unit makes it a few degrees cooler. The computer balances on some books so it doesn't overheat. It sits on a kitchen chair in front of the couch. We plug in speakers so we can hear Parks and Rec over the air. It's simple and fun and something to share. Like our relationship.

Community
Kayla and Renee' drink tea and munch nutella bread at the kitchen table. I join them briefly, wandering in and out of the conversations. I hear them pray and share wisdom at the kitchen table. God fills me back up.

2 comments: