Friday, September 28, 2012

cons/pros

I will not dwell on the cons, but I will begin with them. 
  • Food's not appealing. Sleep doesn't come.
  • A great co-worker was let go at work today because of budget cuts and I have never seen a more helpless, distraught looking group of people than our staff at 8:30 AM today. :( Literally the only thing we could say was PRAY. I didn't want that answer to sound small... but it felt small. God will provide and prove us wrong. 
I've been told and I know and I feel that gratitude works miraculous things in wavering hearts. So the pros.
  • I love the people I work with -- they are the biggest variety of servants I've ever met.
  • I love the people I live with -- they are goofy, gentle, and caring. Rachel and I had our date night (a regular one-on-one for all Harmon-Housers) and made caramel apples. It was successful. And by successful, I mean tasty. There might be caramel permanently grafted into clothes and kitchen items here.
  • I love the people I don't get to see enough. I love getting to see their faces. Noelle popped by tonight to borrow a book, the Ashley/Chelsea/Mary Beth trio left me a message on facebook informing me that they were my stalkers after all these years of not being freshmen in my unit.
  • I love the people I share a name with -- my mom sent me a package equivalent to what Buzz Aldrin got from his mom when he travelled to the moon. This is, naturally, assuming he liked chocolate a LOT. I spoke briefly to my dad on the phone. He always tells a non-chalent story of some nightmarish adventure and ends by asking if he can pray for ME. What's wrong with him?
  • I love the God I live for -- He provides peace and love and encouragement in every facet of life.


2 comments: