Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Not Coincidence

"Our Lord's temptations and ours are in different realms until we are born again and become His brothers... Satan does not tempt us just to make us do wrong things -- he tempts us to make us lose what God has put into us through regeneration, namely, the possibility of being of value to God. He does not come to us on the premise of tempting us to sin, but on the premise of shifting our point of view, and only the Spirit of God can detect this as a temptation of the devil."Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, "September 18"

In the desert, Satan told Christ to prove His value, prove His worth, prove His place as a Son. Christ, fully-man, was tempted to doubt his value, worth, and place. Christ, fully-God, knew He functioned out of a deeper power than his humanness. "You shall not put the Lord, YOUR GOD, to the test."

Satan tests my value -- our value -- today. I have Christ in me and He will not be shaken. God spoke value into me when He breathed life into me. What He has spoken cannot be revoked. 


1 comment: