Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Anne's rubber cement

has been out and about for a while. She's been working on projects all night. The life of an art major: intentional, focused, sometimes-forced creativity. You have to turn yourself into a machine. An impressive, colorful, visionary machine.

I'm praying about my major. I've learned something extremely important -- you can teach LIFE lessons extemporaneously, but in order to be a great teacher, you've got to plan, plan, plan, plan. One of the reasons I've not wanted to go into art or writing is because it forces my creativity into a focus. I've realized that this is not only the same... but also takes a lot more study of theory, a lot more metacognitive thinking, and so many more hoops to jump through. I know all the right things to say and a lot of the right ways to go about things, but... do I want to be a teacher? I'm not panicking about this or anything, but I'm being very intentional about reflecting.

I'm going to have clean laundry tonight. Oh happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment