Saturday, October 9, 2010

"like summa camp in costal states"

This is why IWU is fun (Primary sources -- from last night):

The diversity coordinators wanted to put together an event called "Love Blindly," so they put on a black light party in South hall. People highlighted and signed each others shirts and drank glowy energy drinks and played glow in the dark ping pong. And since "no dancing" is still in the handbook, people came up with some pretty ridiculous choreographed stuff. I saw a conga line, a circle of macarina dancers, and even a group pumping up "Father Abraham." I loved the self-control hahaha. I'm not a party person, but it was great to see.

Ping pong is kind of a big thing in North and South hall. I rarely played ever before this year, but now I play once or twice a week -- usually when I'm on duty and hang around the lobby anyway. I beat Matt 4-3 (games). Mwahahaaa. We played around the world. I played Danielle and Sarah. Sarah and Jill are Kayla's friends from North Carolina. They drove 12 hours to visit! They'd never been. Sarah is super competitive and her energy is so channelled. I feel like if her body expressed what was inside of her, she would be CRAZY. And Jill has the funniest, dryest sense of humor ever.

At 12:30, we drove to Kokomo to Dirty Dan's Donuts, which opens at 1 am. Legit donuts. Then we drove back. I was in bed until like 3. Anne's just getting out of the shower. It's been a slow start, but I'm going to go lock myself in the library until it closes. Then tomorrow, I'll do another 5 or 6 hours. Then I should be caught up and ready to go for Monday. Question mark.

Sidenote about life: Everything's up in the air. Name an aspect of life. It's up. But as any good juggler knows, I've just gotta wait for something to come down -- then the comfort of a pattern begins.

Peace, love, and coldplay.

2 comments:

  1. like alcohol and coffee beans, dance floors and magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha don't ask why I just read this but honored we made the blog! (Jill)

    ReplyDelete