Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It whips ma HAIR back n' forth

I think culture's done a good job of dealing with the psychological damage that natural disaster movies have done. My mind goes to The Day After Tomorrow and Twister, but feel free to let your noodle wander where it may.

So when, in reality, the sky begins to darken at midday and the wind whips debris in panicked cirles and rain pounds its fists on the window panes... you want to get dramatic. In the movies, people hush commands to loved ones and action skyrockets. I've gotta admit, it takes a little bit of self restraint for me to keep my adrenaline from taking me places. At heart, I'm just a little kid. For the most part, I don't see any of that from anyone else. When disaster brushes by, people keep calm and take a precaution or two. I'm glad I'm the only one who's been ruined.

We had a tornado warning and some torrential rain the other day. People in the student center were put in the banquet rooms and classes were moved to the stairwells. I can't lie even a little bit -- when I went around the dorm and asked girls to go to first floor, I felt a little epic inside.

The wind's been crazy ever since. It whips my hair back n' forth.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U


No comments:

Post a Comment