Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Denver Denver Denver

I am in the lovely city of Denver for the first time*. I have a few good stories, but those will wait. Condensed soup version:

Saturday: Arrive! Milkshake and fries at McDonalds. Crash at a friends house.

Sunday: Early church service. Jazzy second church service. Visit ELLE AND BEN in Boulder. Enjoy the eclectic city. Say it's like California. Eat fancy chocolate. Drink fancy coffee. Play fancy Skip-Bo. Watch Spiderman.

Monday: Sleep in. Watch Avatar: The Last Airbender (Mike has been converted. But on his own terms. In his own time.) Casual lunch. Casual coffee shop. Casual bananagrams. Casual dinner. Casual fun with the Hans family.

Tuesday: Rocky Mountain National Park! Driving on mountainous dirty roads (1st!). Discovering yellow bellied marmots (1st!). Taking pictures (Might as well be a 1st!). Hiking the Rockies (1st!). Driving through the clouds (1st for Mike!). Spotting elk (kudos, Mike) and stumbling across a couple moose, aptly dubbed Gordan and Sheila (DEFINITE 1st). Eating delicious food. Keeping a lookout for human trafficking. Driving the mountain ranges home. Collapsing from exhaustion at 9 pm.

Wednesday: SURPRISE trip to "Canvases and Cocktails," where we painted two very different renditions of "Two Birds in a Tree" (AWESOME). Chipotle in the park. 14 adjectives game. The Tattered Cover for book reading and computer checking.

 I'm at the bookstore right now. So that's it.


 *this is, in fact, a slight fib. I've been to the great city before. But I was a baby. I got sick the whole time. I barfed in my dad's face. I did not enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment