Thursday, November 8, 2012

one check, two check.

Box One (Novel)
Sometimes I disagreed with Don Miller... or wasn't sure if I agreed. But as I read the last chapter, I realized that he had won me over. As a writer and as a person. His honesty is charming and thought-provoking. I was both amused, moved, and challenged. 
Blue Like Jazz: check.



Box Two (Conversation)

Kayla: I found a name I liked today.
Bethany: Tell me.
Kayla: Promise not to steal it.
Bethany: Um...
Kayla: It's Yiddish.
Bethany: I'm not gonna lie. If it's Yiddish, I'm probably going to steal it.
Kayla: It's Maven. It means "trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge on to others."
Bethany: I genuinely like that name. I really do.
Kayla: As soon as she's born, she'll have intelligence spoken into her through her name.
Rachel: You should name her "Professor."
Bethany: "Professor! Good job going on the potty!"
Kayla: You're both awful.
God-sent relief and relationship after a horrifying day at work: check.

2 comments:

  1. nice job getting this whole convo written down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why haven't I heard this conversation yet?! It's so good!!
    MAVEN! I'm stealing it.

    ReplyDelete