Saturday, February 20, 2010

sub-carnation issues.

1. I'm grading over 100 pages of full text metacognitive papers, all covering the topic of the Regulations and Responsibilities of a Teacher. This exciting topic explains why following administrative directives and carrying out curriculum in a legal way is imperative to the teacher's career. It's no Easter Basket, but I can't complain -- editing is better than writing and getting paid a little chunka change is better than several boys (What times is it?!)

2. Everyone and their eye-patched dog is applying to the T.E.P. (for those civilians who don't know, that's the Teacher Education Program), but I might have to wait until next month, just 'cause it takes a MOM of time and I haven't begun. Dear Poohs of the world: becoming a teacher is NOT a bucket of honey.

3. We just had a game board marathon in our end lounge and apparently I my handwriting is sub-hieroglyphics:

I write "rugrats," they say "roo-gratr"
I write "YOUTH," they say "yoo-tuf"
I write "otter lair," they say "outer lair"

We also played a DELEETFUL game of spoons after I decided that I would kill Kayla's hair and put it up on a plaque if I were a hunter- thank you, Loaded Questions. PS- I ate queso dip and double stuff oreos for lunch.

4. The spiritual discipline of the month is Fasting and the idea has spread randomly around campus, just a little. I don't think that many girls are participating in my dorm, but nonetheless, there might be an article in the Sojourn about it and I might get interviewed. It's funny because all I did was make a calendar for it, really. But hey! Whatevs.

5. Kayla's talkin' to Bobby on the phone. This may not seem like an ongoing current event, but it really is.

6. I like French II and I DON'T like English Grammar. OR: J'aime francais et je n'aime pas l'anglais... grammaaaiire?

7. I'm reading Going Bovine for Adolescent Lit and there's cussing up the WAAZ.

2 comments:

  1. it's valentimes.

    i'm glad you have this new blog. this sounds much more like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. since you are grading papers next to me and i can't talk to you i thought i'd read your blog..........i already read this one.

    update ya schmuck.

    ReplyDelete