Thursday, August 12, 2010

I smile and nod

He's 61, likes India more than America, doesn't much care for his kids, hoards money, follows his late-father's advice, and apparently drinks a little too much at clubs on weeknights. All this I gathered from a 20 minute Bart conversation, but I never caught his name.

It started out amusing and uncomfortable. He told me how to remember fundamental rules of algebra, he told me to get married, and he told me to take advantage of America. I smiled and nodded, hoping agreement would snuff the conversation. He went on to say that the money you make is only for yourself... that he had 4 wives and had been with many women... that if his children didn't love him, f**k them... and near the end of our conversation, I realized I was still apathetically nodding along. I did not agree. As his stop rolled around, I regretted agreeing with him. This guy needed Jesus and I smiled and nodded at his life apart from Christ. I showed tolerance instead of love. I wonder how often I do that?

Nick did an EXCELLENT job blogging about today. Take a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment