Saturday, August 21, 2010

ketchup

A lot of productivity has been going on since I flew out to Indiana. Training, relationship building, and general preparation. I will definitely, definitely be posting stories and fun things like that. But for now, I'm going to give a quick run through of what I'm DOING here. We've got training and activities planned everyday. They are showing us how to do everything: operate a fire extinguisher, identify weed and drug paraphernalia, reflect on our spiritual lives, identify personality disorders and emotional needs, understand the role of the different university offices, fill out paperwork for x, y, and z... packin' it all in.

North's Eastside is also building and establishing relationships with South's Eastside, our brother dorm's staff. We've been watching movies, playing cards and kung fu, and going out to eat with them. I like all the intentional relationship building with so many groups of people.

We met with Bronson Pasco today and Eastside's goal was to try and see if we could be the people to establish a nickname for him. Despite our planning (literally) and clever/blunt lines of attack, we failed in tagging Bronson with "BroJo." Short for Bronson Johnson. Johnson is not his real middle name, it's Daniel, but we speculated that it might be Johnson. So since we're just going to call Bronson by his real name, we've decided that anything that's a failure is a brojo. Since we failed with our plan. Bronson is going to be a great leader -- he was very personable and wanted to get to know as many people as he could personally. He's going to be a good replacement for B. Hill.

My room is looking great. We're consolidating space -- I love the innovation that's going on.

I'm excited to do hall decs and not as excited about resident phone calls.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you are settling in. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete