Tuesday, August 17, 2010

watch fish; eat fish

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is nationally ranked and world renowned. It's also an hour-something away. You know what other things are an hour something away? The beach, the mountains -- hiking, skiing, surfing, shopping -- sometimes I just take a moment in honor of California. What a cool place to live. :) Horn-blowing aside, Kim, Matt, Spencer, and I went to the aquarium and gaped at jellyfish, otters, sharks, baby sea turtles, and the sea bird aviary. Our post aquarium thoughts were as follows: clam chowder --> tide pools. I can't get OVER how good Monterey chowder is. I can't get over it, can't go under it, can't go through it; I guess I'll have to eat it. And I did.

Christine and Jessica joined us for preparing food of epic (EPIC) proportions. We made pan fried tilapia with mango salsa, loaded mashed potatoes, lightly seasoned broccoli, and brownies. Christine helped Spencer capture the whole thing for Dorm(Cooked), Jessica DJed, and Matt and I chopped and stirred. SUCH a good meal. We didn't eat until 9 pm, but it was SUCH a good meal. SUCH... good.

Christine did me the nicety of chopping my hair off again. Maybe I'll grow it out after this? Maybe semi-permanent the brunette again? So many questions.

1 comment: