Wednesday, November 3, 2010

plenty

I've had several good conversations over the past week. Some with staff, some with girls in the unit. Vulnerability and God's love have been popping up all over the place. I've seen people utterly shocked by the gravity of God's love and I've experienced literal acts of God's love. For example: today I got a zebra at McConn. I've been very tired lately and Zach, who was working in McConn, saw the look on my face and asked me, "If you could have any candy bar in the world right now, what would it be?" I said an almond snickers, because it reminds me of my dad. Then he made a drink for me and asked if it tasted like an almond snickers. :)

Our staff retreat was a great rest and so much fun. I really enjoyed Chicago. Even though I wouldn't consider myself a city person, I felt kind of at home in the city. I've been missing home here and there.

I'm leading discussion in Mark Twain and TEACHING MY FIRST LESSON IN THE CLASSROOM TOMORROW. Which I'm a little bit nervous about, needless to say.

I'm equally nervous because Noelle wants me to go to the Health Center tomorrow and get blood drawn because she thinks there's something wrong with me. I've got some symptoms of anemia, some type of vitamin deficiency, or mono. I dunno, I think I'm just tired. And I hate, hate, hate needles.

Besides that, though, I'm so thankful for every one of my residents, every one of my staff members/friends/relationships, all my classes, my major, my God... I am SOO lucky to be an RA and to be at IWU and to have the relationships that I do at home and here. I want it to be forever. But you know what's cool? I thought the same thing about high school and college is even better. I think if I stay Bethany, I'll like post-college too. Or post-first-year-of-teaching. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment