Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ehhSCAHpayyy

I've escaped. I'm bunkered in the Koch house. The same house it's been since I was born. Kindleburger Park is still a block away... that little library is still a few doors down... the porch is still cold... and the kitchen still has fruit wallpaper. I'm home. The boys go about their movies and cards with their friends and girlfriends. I listen to mom and pop talk about Kelly's engagement. They've fed me with pizza and salad and kiwi and nutella and pretzels. I've showered (finally!). Joey's curled up at the foot of the bed. Kelly's room is still lavender and her bedspread is still pink.

I have a long... long list of things to get done. But for just a little while, I'm going to bask in this. You know, this is the only consistent "place" I've ever known. This house gives me a sense of place. I know several people who give me a sense of place, but very few locations.

There are some things that I want to write, but I won't. Not now. Something I will say that I want is Brave at Sea's music. I really like their sound. :)

Here's to the moments that feel like this:

2 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed. Praise God for provision! I am so thankful for you, Beth. I continue to pray for your health and sustenance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you choose perfect words. that is all.

    oh, and i miss you.

    ReplyDelete