Sunday, October 2, 2011

And so I throw myself on my knees

Anne and I headed community dinner for Exit Downtown. A blur of people helped -- it would take a lot of text to name them all. But their hearts for service were more beautiful than my own -- they were not locked into commitments or pressured by promises.
Despite the unpredicted setbacks,
(-the openness to exhorting prayer that lead to the church trickling downstairs over a period of 2 hours instead of all at once
-the inability of the water to boil for the first 45 minutes of prep
-the inexplicable sauce drought
-the pilot light on the industrial washing machine that threatened to poison the kitchen staff)
it went so well. :)

Anne and I were prayed over, and I committed the "strengths" of my life to God's glory. We spoke briefly to Mike and then spent some time in prayer. I have an inkling that the next couple of months will be a lot of prayer and a lot of throwing aside selfish thoughts. Trusting God with my life and my relationships chronically.

2 comments:

  1. rock it babe, rock it! three cheers for rock and roooolllll with Jesus.
    love you, praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete