Saturday, October 22, 2011

snapshot stories

This picture tells 4 short stories:

1. The floral couch lofted in East Lodge 202. I sat here when Nick, Zach, and Chris came in to do homework and play silly boy card games.

2. The cashmere sweater is soft and grey and Zach Aument's. He's washing my hoodie because Mike happened to shake me at the same moment that I picked up my coffee.

3. My eyes see Zach dancing to Over the Rhine's jazzy music.

4. My hands are holding 5 reference books that Mike gave me. I'm leading small group this week. Week three of our Advent study will focus on joy. No problem. Joy is my middle name.

Rachel: Mike, do you want to become a monk? Got Monk?
Mike: I... would like to go... to a monk place.

Bethany: For every pair of shoes that you buy, you should donate a shoebox full of stuff for that thing...
Nick: Children without borders.
Bethany: ...
Mike: Um, Operation Christmas Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment