Sunday, November 27, 2011

Back for round two!

My mom drove me the six hours back up to corn land and got to meet Kayla. We went to Paynes. Kayla decided to be a champ and fit between the car seats in the back. PRESH.

After caffeinating me and seeing all the lodge goodness, mother hit the road and told me to get work done. She's a champ too.

Now Anne's back, gramma's tablecloth is on the table, the baby Christmas tree is on the shelf, and it's beginning to feel a lot like advent. My advent reading for the day is Psalm 103. My advent memorization for the day is
"And Mary said: My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant."

Since I'm practicing gratitude and joy this advent, I'm keeping a gratitude journal. The modge podge will come out soon. So if you see statements of thankfulness floating around, that's why!

Another champ I'm thankful for: Anne Johns.
Bethany: So, all the boys came to your house for thanksgiving, hm? You gotta stop makin' those milkshakes.
Anne: No, boys just come to my yard for turkey.

3 comments:

  1. And Japanese food... and homemade ice cream... and divinity.... and monster cookies.... and...

    (^^^ had a typo...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Yeah. I mean, I'm more enticed by the milkshake... but there was a bird carcass, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we missed you bentie. glad you had a great time with your mom though : )

    ReplyDelete