Tuesday, November 29, 2011

delight

A tiny sprinkle of snow came a couple weeks ago and I celebrated with a hug with Kayla. But not a flake have I seen since then... until TODAY.
I feel as excited as Winthrop in the Music Man when he got his trumpet. Winter is here! Advent has begun! Look at how FANTASTICAL the campus looks!
I've been momentarily infused with the electric joy of Christmas. I could pop. Somebody hold me down. Or just hold me. :D

Every day, I get a single word prompt from oneword.com and I do a 60 second quick-write. Today, the word was "skyline:"

The sky no longer withdraws. It reaches
down so close to the ground that
it casts a grey shadow from earth to heaven.
Every one of its' million white
kisses are pure. They tell us,
"Hush, rest, and wait." So we nestle
under hats and coasts and gloves, and
we trust.

I might end up playing with that a bit.

2 comments: