Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chaplain 2009-2010, E3W RA 2011-2012

I got to witness pass down today in North. Eastside is literally the best thing ever. I know the first North Hall RD had a legacy, but Noelle has built a legacy of her own with the help of the most beautiful girls -- figuratively and literally. Kayla got to give thoughts to the returners (Lindsay, Emily, Paige, and Marge), all of whom had been in her unit. I got to pass down the legacy of Chaplain to a sweetheart named Cassy, who is from E3W and will live there again. How bizarre, that I wasn't Chaplain this year or last year but the year before! That's three years ago, almost. It is AMAZING to think of all the doubts, struggles, and hope I had my sophomore year that I'm finally getting to see results from! How great to look back and say with assurance, "GOD IS FAITHFUL!"

Eastside is a community that will always be a part of me. I watch it grow and shift without me there and smile, knowing that it's just as good as it gets more and more different. Noelle has been the best facilitator of community and God has been the best coordinator of relationships. I'm so thankful for her passion and Emily's intense servanthood and Lindsay's goofy loyalty. Those three ladies (and definitely Kayla) have impacted me deeply. I hope I always know them. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I loved this. I loved having you come to pass down. I LOVED hearing your letter and hearing the beauty of how God is continuing to write your story. I felt so blessed to have you there and to hear your words. You are a gem. I hope I always know you too. I'm proud of you Bethany Mueller.

    ReplyDelete