Sunday, April 22, 2012

thank goodness I'm loved

I am ineffably thankful for my friendships. I have been loved in my crappy-est so that I am spurred on to be my best-est.

At this moment, I think of Kayla, Rachel, Kelly, Jordan, Kylee, and Michael. How privileged I am to have these people! And to know there are more as well!


"The rule for us all is perfectly simple. Do not waste time bothering whether you love your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love him." CS Lewis

"It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us." Epicurus

"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine." Thomas Jefferson


No comments:

Post a Comment