Tuesday, March 29, 2011

a lot

There's a lot to ache for. A lot. I have to just keep repeating to myself

I can't, I can't, I can't.

He can, He can, He can.

I Am, I Am, I Am.

He is, He Is, He Is.

Hours like these make me wish I was a better RA and a better encourager and more present and more helpful and a better example and had better initiative. Make me wish I had more control or no control at all.

BUT God has blessed me - literally beyond measure. Beyond fathoming. I would need to count fingers and toes to name all of the people in my life who are gifts. I would need to be some sort of 50-toed foot beast. The amount of stuff I have. The food I get (Okay, I know some people don't like the food here, but I couldn't be happier). The education I'm getting. The talents I've been given. The jobs I've been entrusted with...

Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being praise His Holy name.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, AND. WITH. THANKSGIVING. give your requests to the Lord. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. now im picturing a 50-toed foot beast...thank you hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you are NOT,

    He is. I am.

    Love you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete