Sunday, March 27, 2011

So I could sit in the sun,

I moved my chair under the window. Anne's listening to the Civil Wars. It's a Sunday afternoon.

It was a beautiful week. Here it is in its brevity*:

Monday: Chelsea got a crash-course debrief of everyone she would meet as we waited for Spencer's delayed flight. On the drive home, she insisted on "introversion time," which Spencer obeyed a couple minutes at a time. The sky poured rain and both friends gasped at the lightening. After having been in the dorm 10 minutes without me, Chelsea and Spencer were surrounded by a crowd of friends, baking cookies, and drinking tea. Spencer and Zack had the same hair and wore the same color -- the rest was history. Kaybs, Kayla, Mike, Chris, Kyle were all there. Anne arrived after the longest day in the darkroom EVER, melted into a pitiful puddle, and then leapt back into action to greet her new friends. The Californians and Anne went to Kaybs' lodge, where we played Hand and Foot. The girls went to bed and Mike and Bags kept Spencer awake talking.

Tuesday: Spencer and Shelty (hence called Spelty for my sanity) met me in McConn after my test and we hung out there doing homework until dinner. Shelty discovered her new love in Mint Chocolate Frappes. Anne, (Allison), Mike, Nick, Bags, Kylee, Spelty and I went to Baldwin. We talked a lot, heard Sorority stories (I'm still going out!), and played Spicy Uno. The Californians went to Still and somehow stayed until 10. Shelty loved that they sang Mighty to Save.

Wednesday: A big group went to McNutts -- Spencer LOVED it. Spelty couldn't keep it together in Creative Writing. Dr. Brown said "underdog" and they lost it. We ate Wildcat late, so Spelty went on a Marios run while I was on duty. Could we have played more games? No. Hand and Foot with Ashley, Jess, and Mike. Reghan watched. We watched Tarzan (Kaybs and I did an interpretive dance) and (half) a documentary on a poker player.

Thursday: We met up after class and hung out in McConn again. Seriously spent hours taking spiritual gifts tests that Shelty charted for everyone. Anne, Kayla, Mike, and myself all took it. Spencer probs was watching Fringe. Then Paynes with Lauren and Danielle! Sooo good. Spelty treated me. :) Then THE best game of MadGabs with Kayla. Then the fastest game of Settler's with Spelty and Mike while Anne, Zack, Kaybs and Nick watched. Games in the lobby always mean people passing in. It's great.

Friday: McNutts again! Chapel again! French test! In the car, I blindly drove to the airport while the GPS told me repeatedly to TURN AROUND. Well, we all almost cried, but we were all so thankful that none of us did. They left notes. Which I liked a lot. What wonderful, wonderful, wonderful friends. That night, Kayla, Mike, and I hung out in South Hall and just chilled.

Yesterday was a great small group, great lunch, great nap, great recital, great Moe's, great Little Women, and great staff movie time.

*not really

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Seriously, one of the best times. I will always remember this. I'm so glad to have been apart of your life in Indiana. I'm blessed.

    ReplyDelete