Saturday, September 10, 2011

Guess what, guess what, guess what?

You'll never guess. I'll have to just tell you.






Anne Mariah Carey Theodora Tonks Roosevelt Rocky Mountains Johns gave me a sewing machine. The sewing machine's name is Threddy. Threddy and I have been working on making couch covers these past few days. I have a sewing machine named Threddy. That's the first thing you never would've guessed.

Tomorrow, Mike and I will have been dating for four months. Google says that's how long it takes an unmanned spacecraft to go to the moon and back... very special. Another thing that you probably wouldn't have guessed, unless you're Rain Man-with-a-calendar.

Lastly, but not leastly, I have undertaken a task -- something that is very Exodus 12:23 of me, if you know what I mean. Of course you don't. Who memorizes Exodus? Nobody. I'm memorizing 1 Peter. But that'sss... not Exodus. -- The Sabbath! I'm working so that I can keep the Sabbath. To set aside Sundays as a day of rest is to shift a mindset. A very rusty, stubborn mindset that has sat without disturbance for quite a long time. But I won't be alone. Mike, the time management and homework wizard, is definitely going to join me. I think some other friends -- maybe you're one of them -- will as well. Doesn't it sound refreshing? A Sunday celebrated like the first Sunday. A Sunday that's not treated like the day before Monday. After years of weekend procrastination... Sabbathed Sundays. Who would've guessed?

2 comments:

  1. Would you make me a couch cover with Thready? That would be helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Aren't I already making you a belt buckle?

    ReplyDelete