Friday, February 3, 2012

8th period prep

The last day of week five was a pretty weighty low. My lesson plan didn't send, my observation time changed, my students talked over me, I felt very sick and tired, I missed lunch, and I cried after my very helpful observing professor met with me. My sub was a 2011 business grad from IWU and I felt embarrassed to have such a hard day in front of this guy who was working for "easy money."

The kids and the sub and my observer and the faculty were all okay. It was just me. At a moment like this, I would ask my students "is this an internal or an external conflict?" to which a sweet little blonde would poke up her hand as a rambunctious boy would blurt "INTERNAL!"

I love teaching, but after today I want to crawl in a hole for a couple hours.

3 comments:

  1. been there done that....multiple times. Hang in there sweetheart because each day is a new day :) Love you Bethy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you survived that day and you will survive another. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. wrap yourself in a blanket really really tight. that's me hugging you.

    love you, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete