Monday, February 20, 2012

good news, bad news

You want the good news or the bad news first? When I ask my 6th graders that, I find out that they're just learning how to answer. Many shout, "Good news!" while the rest hush them and explain why they want the bad news first. It's cute. :]

Bad news. I'm just now starting to write out the teaching scenarios and rationales for my artifacts. You have no idea what that means. A teaching scenario narrates a teaching situation. It looks like this. A rationale describes, explains, and reflects upon a specific thing done while teaching, using standards and requirements. It looks like this. I have to have 8 artifacts, each with a teaching situation and a rationale, for my first placement. That's 24 linked documents. I also have to have my 8 metacognitive domain descriptions and my professional portfolio (resume, educational philosophy paper, autobiography, goals and objectives page) finished. But I'm not so worried about those.


Good news. I just went through my lessons collecting artifacts, and I have all of them with papers to spare! I had a lot of good lessons and connections and methods. Where's the picture of that kid? Hold on...


1 comment: