Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines!

I was never against Valentine's day as a single: I got to make crafts and I got chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Totally fair trade.

I made a pop-up card for Michael and he brought Starbucks and a card when he picked me up this morning. :] 


Kids came up to me throughout the day with suckers and candies and timidly asked if they could eat their treats. Without blinking, I'd happily reply, "Of course you can! Happy Valentine's day!" I printed off our worksheets on pink paper. GUYS. Our lesson tied so perfectly together! We talked about Saint Valentine and tied it to saints' days from Catherine, Called Birdy. We made skits and analyzed how people show what they think by what they say and do. It was so, so great. In both classes, I had a skit that made me laugh out loud -- normally my laughter is in good humor, not because I'm truly tickled.

At one point, one of my students shouted the beginning of his line, but never finished because he thought he saw a period: "THE UMPS!" He bellowed. It didn't make any sense. He was supposed to say "The ump's totally unfair!"

When I was being observed, a boy told his two "girlfriends" that there was plenty of him to "go around." I rang my "end of skit" bell a billion times as we all laughed -- including Dr. Seaborn, who was observing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment