Monday, October 22, 2012

Second First Day

Press play on the tunes below. ... Good. Now read. :)

First day of the second quarter. Several students gone. In jail, out of town, in work, out of time.

Several students present. Motivated, caffeinated.

We figured out our scheduling for the quarter. My responsibility plate is FULL. The joke at our staff meeting was "Bethany has the best job security of anyone in America." Overwhelming. Challenging. Exciting.

After discovering that certain aspects of close relationships are foreign to me, I have embarked on a journey: openly communicating through conflict and choosing patient love instead of distant irritation. My housemates keep relationships as first priority. Though I will never be as relationally driven as them, I still can learn a thing or two about daily relationship-housekeeping. I have nooks in my heart that could use dusting. We discussed life, leadership, and relationship over Dairy Queen tonight.

How many times did I use the word "relationship" in that paragraph? Five. The answer is five.

2 comments:

  1. 3 years and i'm still turned on by your word usage and creativity. Keep writing and keeping the romance alive.

    jk. i'm not turned on. but i like this post-the theme music, the descriptive words, the use of the word "relationship 5 times."

    <3 <---my mom does these now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha

      Kayla. You're great. :D I'm so glad your mom uses those. ;)

      Delete