Thursday, September 30, 2010

definition: content.

I think contentedness is a... a delightful thing. Contentedness is not necessarily feeling comfortable, but rather being comfortable even when a situation is not perfect. Or rather, it is seeing the goodness of a situation.

I can recall many times when I have been in a room or a car with friends. I can picture this in my mind's eye:
Everyone is laughing or talking or cooking or singing and I am silent. I close my eyes and reflect on the fact that I belong in that situation. I am loved and I love in return. Sometimes they've asked me why I'm quiet -- but most of the time they let me curl up contentedly in my thankfulness. I am allowed to simply "be" with them.

I'm sitting in the semi-dark lobby. It's almost 2 am. It's been an odd day and I'll be up for another hour or two doing homework. But there's peace in the silence and the fire's glowing on the mantle words "... remain in His love..." And I will. So here I sit,

content.

2 comments:

  1. Word, yo. Sometimes I get so caught up trying to figure out a situation that I give up and just realize that things are AWESOME. And that silences my thoughtwaves from radiating and fills my face with a smile.

    Thanks for the reminder of these amazing moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about how content and blessed I was the other day. I miss you A LOT. Can we skype after you read all of the bard's works and tuck all the kiddies in?

    ReplyDelete