Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Game of Shadows, A Game of Nonsense, and A Game of Falling Down The Shadowy Stairs And Looking Like Nonsense

I accompanied my enthusiastic father and my parkour brother to sushi and the movies tonight. (Allow me to elaborate. Parkour is my adjective that refers to someone who enjoys being part of an athletic, dangerous, and pointless subculture. Ben is an actual parkour enthusiast, but I would include oddballs like spelunkers and shark-cage-divers in this category as well. I refer to him as "parkour" instead of "delightful" or "engaging" because he spent much of our walk to and from dinner jumping over and climbing things.) 
--My father, Scott Edward Mueller, would LIVE in a sushi buffet if he could. That's all I'm going to say about that.
--We saw Sherlock Holmes. It was entertaining, and so fulfilled its purpose. I put aside my book snobbery and my movie snobbery and just enjoyed the movie. Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer have an unnatural hold on me. I'm stoked for the last Dark Knight!!!

I then joined a very... burnt... and raw... attempt... at the annual truffle tradition. Matt took my place whilst Chrisper Drawer, Spinner, and Nick waited. We played Settlers and MATT WON. Then we played Spinopoly and MATT WON. It was so good to see Matty again. And to hear Spencer lie about his game cards. And to hear Nick read my mind. And to hear Christine ask ridiculous questions. And to see her give me a scarf she made with her eyelashes and love. (Not really eyelashes. But yes, love. What was I referencing? Spongebob.)

photo courtesy of spencer's cool instagram
In the tie breaker, Spencer decided to be a magical plant that was mentioned ONCE in Harry Potter, the mimulus mimletonia. It took Nick and me about 5 years to get to "Nimbusous Thimbletona." The game ended with Spencer waving his hand and saying, "Alright, close enough."

Everyone had a little wine except me, but it didn't matter. As I was leaving, I missed a step and fell down the brick stairs onto the concrete driveway. I then proceeded to stumble down the steep driveway like a drunkard to get to my car. There is... no hope... for the clumsy.


1 comment:

  1. PTL. We didn't have wine. you make us sound like drunkards.

    ReplyDelete