Monday, December 5, 2011

"I'm a little mixed up, but I'm feelin' fine"

A little stumbling never disqualified anybody. Unless they were a gymnast. Luckily, I'm far too tall to be a gymnast. I'm also not a big fan of the sparkly leotards. 

So I'm a-stum-a-stum-a-stumblin' a little bit to get everything done. But the end is close. And I am close to ending. 

I had the privilege of hearing tidbits of creative projects from some writing majors tonight. Inspiration! Emotion! Realistic dialogue. Abstract images. I've been inspired to run free. But I've still got this bit in my mouth that's leading me down a path of scholarly rhetoric. It takes like copper. People in stories always taste copper when they're internally bleeding. But I think I'm just unmotivated. ;)

Did I just equate myself to a horse? Oh my lanta, I've got to buckle down and finish up. I'll breathe easy on Friday. What about y'all??

I'm listening to "All Shook Up" by Elvis on the Big Fish soundtrack. It makes me want to do the twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment