Friday, December 30, 2011

Time's flown

Today, Graham turned 17. I woke up to my dad's voice upstairs, "Graham! You know what today is? It's your birthday. ... Oh, all done? Okay." Graham doesn't like the birthday song and he has a bizarre love/hate for candles. We brought a cupcake to his room with a candle on it and he screamed, blew out the candle, and sucked the cupcake out of its wrapper like a push-pop. At first he was upset by his singing Alvin and the Chipmunks card from mom. But throughout the day, he kept opening it to see if it would continue to sing. ... It did.

I remember turning 17 in high school. My friends and I called it "The Year of the Dance" because of the plethora of songs that had the age 17 in them. Can you come up with one or two?

4 comments:

  1. Dancing Queen. I hope. Dancing queen, young and sweet only 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, Nick. ;) And "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are dozens, but here are some you COULD know: "17" by Mandy Moore and "17" by Kings of Leon. "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" from the Sound of Music. Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin.

    ReplyDelete