Wednesday, March 3, 2010

spring break [fifth]

The best part about sleeping in during break is not something physical. It is the freeing fact that no matter what alarm goes off or how much the sun pokes you in the eyes, you can put your head under the pillow and think about your dreams alllll you want. I have never considered myself an advocate for wasting time, but the freeing concept of having time in your own pockets is great- it's like being six years old and being paid a quarter for picking up sticks in the backyard. You really have no need for a quarter as a six year old, but there you have a shiny, tangible coin in your pocket just in case you'd like a... well, you don't know what you'd buy with a quarter- you're only six!

We lunched at Yum Yum Better Ice Cream and it was the best chilly cheese dog slash chocolate ice cream in a cone I've had in 20 years. It was Kayla and Hilary and me and I felt like one of the sisters, which was unique, as I've never had a sister before. :) We went to a great used bookstore, Ed McKays, and we mulled and mulled and muullllled over good hard cover books, random classics that past-Bethany would've wanted to read in order to feel accomplished, intriguing children's stuff, and a huge Alice in Wonderland collage poster. I don't buy things easily, but I did stare at the cover of a Calvin and Hobbes book... didn't cave though. Read on.

I have also made a decision. Whatever it is, whether it be the brick buildings or the trees or atmosphere, I like North Carolina. I would live in Greensboro, I think. Or I would at least not reject it as an option. I have commitment issues haha- the future is anything and I have no need to box myself in!

You know what another excellent experience is? Watching a movie you've liked since childhood with a friend you wish you would've known since childhood. Today we watched Alice in Wonderland as a reference point for Tim Burton's version that's coming out this week.

PS- We watched Julia&Julie, ate dinner, and saw Avatar. We're laundrying. PPS- Mrs. Wrigley makes BOMB cookies. Imma go eat granola and yogurt for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment