Friday, May 6, 2011

I like history.

Tomorrow, I'm turning in a copy of a historical speech that I'll eventually present. Unfortunately for me, I've only had a couple hours tonight to research. Do you KNOW how many YEARS there are in history? Kagillions. At least thousands.

In those thousands of years, Moses rebuked Pharaoh! Jesus revealed the beatitudes! Hammurabi presented innovative laws! Ghandi explained his fasts! Winston Churchill refused to give up! C.S. Lewis reinvented certain Christian perspectives! Presidents solemnly covered the faces of thousands with blanket statements of apology. George Bailey defended the Building and Loan. Mark Twain refuted his own death.

There are so many words. That perfectionist in me (may she rest in peace) is rolling in her grave, but I've picked something. Something that I don't think I'm happy with... this is too difficult. I wish he would've assigned them. Then I'd just crush whatever he gave me. I'd take it, and I'd crush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment