Sunday, May 15, 2011

Today was pie

and so was yesterday. The Berens asked Kayla and I to housesit. So we sat, petted the grimlin-dog, Juniper, read books, talked, and ate a delicious homemade Berens pie.

After Kendra got a thorough surprise from Eric, we went to sleep in the peace of a quiet house. Houses are great. May term has reminded me of that.

This morning, I popped out of bed (off the couch) and handmade some pancakes, which Kayla ate and Mike and Andrea devoured. After some Jacob talking and some Dinah dishing, the chicks spent two hours straight up defeating a 500 piece puzzle. It began with Andrea saying, "This looks like it would be difficult," and it ended with all of our fingers on the same puzzle piece, smiling. Then the warm afternoon passed with book reading, book borrowing, babysitting, card-making, and Noelle-visiting.

Today was pie. Tomorrow is wedding.

(This is one of those blogs that is more of a "log" than a "blog"... it just says what happened. I apologize for the lack of pizazz. There are always a plethora of mini-stories that encapsulate my blogs -- I just got an idea. Okay. I think I'll start doing that. Awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment