Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Funday

Anne and I celebrated our post-birthday miracles -- in which our degree audits worked out. A lot of high-fives were had.

The majority of the day was a giant student teaching seminar. The fun started at 8 am and ended at 5 pm. Informative, definitely. A little long, definitely.

Rachel and Michael returned!!! They came to the Alvey's with Anne and I and met the Koch family. Kelly and Jordan put up balloons, made me a cake, told stories, and played spicey uno. They are the BEST.

Michael got me the best Christmas gift. It was a mix of all of my favorite things: surprises, blankets, sewing, and thoughtfulness. I cannot WAIT to start sewing my quilt. It will have to be my reward activity... during the week? The weekend? Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Someone is praying for you while he works on a house filled with deferred maintenance. Two out of three have colds so package leaves today...lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Mike didn't get you a glass bust of the virgin mary? maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete