Monday, June 27, 2011

snail mail; snail travel

It takes over half an hour to walk to the post office one way, but I felt like walking. I thought I was challenging the world when I chose feet over tires.

I tried to think, but it didn't really work. I was trying to define where I lived. I was trying to describe it to someone who hadn't experienced it. Forward pushing fast preoccupied fenced. I was dissatisfied with those words -- I'm proud of where I live, but I'm also critical. It's a conglomerate instead of a community. A place of variety and symbiosis. Constant take that creates balance.

I don't think I feel part of this place in a way that helps me describe it subjectively. Now I wonder if I'm talking about California or the world.

Sometimes don't you wish everyone lived snail lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment