Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spencer's home!


Spencer David Huey (Spinner, Spitty, Spin, Tumbly, Tantor) may not be a "Chance" or a "Shadow" or a "Sassy," but still he managed to brave the elements and make the trek from San Diego (Sandy) back to the Bay.

Spinner was a lead at Hume Lake SD. The fun he had and the impact he made was worth giving him up for the summer. I'm excited to sit down with him and watch all the videos from the DVD. I-MISS-HUME-LAKE. It would be SO great to retreat there sometime. I would absolutely eat that up.

Today. July 18th. 2011. The reunion. The dog days were over. Christine, Shelty, Spencer, Nick, Matt, and I convened at Spencer's house. We talked, played cards, took a little hike up the hill, watched the sunset, prayed communally, climbed eucalyptus trees, took pictures, ALMOST ordered Chinese food 1000 times, drank tea, and laughed a lot.

Best friends: hike up a hill to watch the sunset, then stand in a circle and pray. They thank God for their friendships, they praise Him for what has and what will be, and they ask that they will impact others and glorify God. Then they run through the hills and stand on rocks pretending to be meerkats (well, just Matt and I). THESE are best friends.

A couple highlights:
  • Matt called Dolly Parton "Dolly Parker."
  • Christine was available. Woo!
  • Spencer was the swinging pendulum of Chinese food decisions. After a LOT of phone calls, a lot of menus, and a lot of research, we discovered that no Asian restaurant in the tri-state area will accept take-out orders at 9:30.
  • The guys decided to make a blog called, "Where the H--- is Bethany?" They'll post things on it when I'm late or M.I.A. I'm excited to see that happen.
  • We ate a loaf of chocolate bread that Spencer got from who-knows-where. We ate it while we watched a sunset. Just a normal thing people do around here.
  • Matt hadn't heard of Rebecca Black's Friday... so we had to do that. Obviously. If you think Friday is funny/ridiculous, Jenna Rose's My Jeans is waaaayyy better. If you have three minutes and you're in the right mood, take a peek.
  • Shelty ate a LITTLE bit of chocolate, then gave the rest to Matt. This doesn't seem like a highlight to outsiders. But everyone else knows that Shelty is to chocolate as the pre-36th-season-Cookie Monster is to cookies.
  • Spencer didn't win at cards. Start packing your Armageddon survival kit. Matt won at cards. Start packing now.
Nick took a bucketload of pictures, so I'll post or link those soon.

4 comments:

  1. I think my ears just exploded... And I would also like to know how you time traveled a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... it's not 2001. I'mma hire you as my editor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chelsea lately, the comedian. she thinks shes funny but shes not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN to everything on this blog. Matt also said, " I didn't say Dolly Parka, I said Dolly Parker"

    ReplyDelete