Thursday, July 7, 2011

stories (aka realities)

1. "for you"

"Fairy tales
are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -
G. K. Chesterton


I have a friend who is adamant about the importance of fairy tales. And though their advocacy is not my life as it is his, my career will run in a similar direction.

Tomorrow, I start writing.

2. "about me"

You know what the best (ahemeducationalahem) computer games were? JUMPSTART. And Cluefinders! Those games taught me how to type -- that's probably why I'm a loud typer: it began as a competition. I think that's where I picked up my fascination with history, too. So... the nerdiest things about me are probably rooted in educational computer games.


Jumpstart is now having kids take a quiz to see what their dominant multiple intelligence is... two thumbs wayyy up.

3. "more for you"

The Hush Sound's album, Like Vines, is the THING. "We Intertwined" is hoppin', "Sweet Tangerine" is bluesy alternative, and "Where We Went Wrong" is acoustically delicious. Their newer album, though, has some goodies. Here's a smooth, chill number called "That's Okay."

4. "something that will always be a fairy tale"

If I'm very good, maybe Anne will let me have a pet finger monkey if/when we live off campus.


1 comment:

  1. 1. I still want to meet more of your CA friends (I haven't said that in awhile, but its still true).
    2. I PLAYED JUMPSTART TYPING! I loved that game, there was skateboarding and climbing! I was so bad at it though, so I'd get frustrated and just go outside and do that stuff in real life. I want to know my Multiple Intelligence. Yours definitely isn't "Spatial intelligence" ;)
    I'm 99% sure mine is "Interpersonal intelligence."
    3. I liked the song. I don't think I knew they had a female vocalist.
    4. PLEASE get the monkey, please.

    ReplyDelete