Wednesday, July 13, 2011

wednesday the 13th

If I were a character from a book or a famous actor, I would name my daughter Wednesday and call her Wendy.

Nick and I went hunting for a fabric store on this particularly BEAUTIFUL California summer day. At first, we found everything BUT fabric stores. We found used bookstores and bagel shops and insurance companies... and it was only after Nick's mouth was full of a fish bagel and my arms were full of books that we came to Joann's. I got fabric for two aprons. If I'm going to cook in the Lodges (I am), I ought to wear an apron (I will).

As I was addressing letters and cooking and feeding the dogs (my daddy brought me coffeeee), a package came! My mother bought me a couple "teacher necessities" (cute clothes) because gifts are her love language and she loves me.
The rest of the activities of the day are as follows:
  • Read "The Little Prince" in its entirety whilst drinking tea (Translation: Pretend to be intellectual and sophisticated).
  • Read Jeremiah and True Vine; pray (Translation: Give God my day and my life instead of pretending to be religious).
  • Take in the sides of the Sherlock Holmes jacket (Translation: Pretend I know how to be a seamstress).
  • Watch Fantasia with Ben for kicks and giggles.
  • Visit Nick, since he accidentally hijacked my apron fabric. Watch The Brother's Bloom. The first 15 minutes of that movie are genius.
  • Read East of Eden.
  • Probably read The Cat in the Hat, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Horton Hears a Who, and Buzz, Buzz Go the Busy Bees.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you can knock out like ten books in one day, admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brother's Bloom gets 2 thumbs from this girl. Make me an apron too. I'll pay you in hugs and cuddles when you get to me.

    ReplyDelete