Thursday, April 1, 2010

april fools

Today is my second favorite holiday. I like the concept of jokes and pranks and fun, harmless trickery. I didn't have the time or energy to celebrate the holiday today... in any way... but I'm celebrating inside haha -- I've always kind of enjoyed the physical prank (TPing, re-arranging furniture, filling pillowcases with billions of hole punches) as opposed to the verbal trickery, since that can go awry. Maybe that's just me.

I'm about to give Kayla her unbirthday present. I was going to wait because I thought I had to wait. Apparently, though, converse sends it's mail on the wings of eagles. Hence, there is a little Kayla-foot-sized box wrapped in Sojourn skin sitting in front of me in McConn. Noelle tried to convince me to wait, and Thinking Bethany would wait. Unfortunately it's Easter Break and Feeling Bethany is going to indulge in her excitement.

Mini anecdote: My Philosophy class is in one of those rooms that are all glass on one side- a fish bowl room. As visitors gorged on the beauty of our warm, energetic campus, they strolled by our room, being lead by a tour guide. Dr. Burson stopped us in the middle of our breakout discussion and yelled "Everyone turn around and wave! Smile and wave!" So everyone laughed and turned around and waved to the tour group and they LOOOOOOVED it. They're all coming here, I'm sure. Even the moms. Especially the moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment