Sunday, April 11, 2010

for lack of a better name: entry 41

Sometimes Steak and Shake puts chocolate chips in, sometimes it doesn't. S&S is a fickle, fickle mistress(?), my friend. This fine night, she withheld the chocolate chips, but dumped a can of fudge in the bottom of my eco-unfriendly styrofoam cup. So as I suck down chocolate fudge, I will spin you the tale of today. Or rather, the random bits that, in their supposed brevity, make up my day:

To my chagrin, I watched the 2's and 3's in church. I signed up for the 4's and 5's, but when I got there, the tables had been turned and I was left hanging upside down with 4 incoherent children who were old enough to say "Mine" but too young to understand the intricacies of Playdough cookie cutters.

Now to a section I'd like to title, "Luckily for me-"
-Luckily for me, Creed's mom left without telling me his name. Now lacy pink Hannah said "His name is Cweed" and jelly chin Tristin said, "Nuh uh. Not Cweed," and "Cweed/Not Cweed" shrugged. I bribed a 2 year old for his name today.
-Luckily for me, I was left to my own devices after being told to "Make a ton of lemonade" during pre-BBQ set up. I got a little wet... a lot wet... I had to go back to the dorm and change.
-Luckily for me, I left my cell phone somewhere on campus and it's dead. I checked Lost and Found, the info desk, and the couches of McConn and Bowman. More people have called it than a concert ticket chucking radio station. I am cell phone-less. Call me Neanderthal.

Back to real life. The BBQ was fun and, for once in the history of church BBQ's, I sat next to and met someone new. Well, I've sat next to people from the community before, but never Taylor people. Fraternization, they call it. ... Not really. So, Brian-track runner-Physics Math Ed major, it was nice to meet you. Along with Brittany and Sean.

I spoon fed myself some homework instead of taking a nap. Snaps for Bethany. [GB's bit about complaining about homework was hysterical. Historical. Somethin'. "YEAH. WE ALL HAVE HOMEWORK. WE'RE-IN-COLL-EGE. JUST STOP." The amount of times that Kayla and I have imitated the high pitched look-at-me-mom voice today is like jail cell fingernail mark epic.]

I'm contemplating "living as a child of light." Ephesians has such a great passage about that and, to me, it seems pretty applicable to our "modern" lives. How many times can I use quotations in one "entry"?


When I saw this armchair swing hanging off the tree outside of Hodson, I mentally applauded. I don't know many people from Hodson, but I admire their innovation. What? Yes. I did take this off a stranger's facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, this made me laugh out loud which is not so good because I am currently sitting in my holocaust class. Luckily for me...makes me laugh even more. please come down to sandy real soon. amen.

    ReplyDelete