Friday, April 2, 2010

that cricket-y noise you only hear when there's nothing else to hear


If I didn't love Jesus, I would be kind of freaked out. The-rapture-happened-and-now-I'm-left-with-all-the-murderers-and-rapists-and-secular-music-owners freaked out. That is the kind of empty that pervades our little Christian campus: Christian campus rapture empty.

(Note on the weather: it was 78 degrees outside when I woke up. Truth be told, I didn't wake up until after lunch (tsk, never again), but it was SEVENTY-EIGHT degrees. And you know what it is now?! Probably about the same! So I trekked my way out to Goodman lawn, parked myself under a tree, kicked off my shoes, and graded a metacognitive paper.)

Anecdote of the day, possibly the week, and definitely the month: A bird flew over me and POOPED on the paper I was grading.
I wiped it off with my blanket.
It looks like a coffee stain.
Unnamed student will never know.

I'm going to grab a Sojourn and read it outside.

1 comment:

  1. i just read this and died.
    i almost fuzzed in my class. LOUDLY.

    ReplyDelete