Monday, April 26, 2010

gurgle gurgle

I was in the middle of a cafe' sipping on a mocha and studying french. Life was good. Then the door swung open and the little man walked in. He couldn't have been taller than 5 inches... but I didn't have a ruler, so, I dunno. Enamored with my foreign conjugations, I didn't notice the little gnome crawl up my leg and hop right into my mouth. He went down with a sip of mocha and landed- plunk- in my stomach.

That basically happened. Short story long, my french exam has been postponed until tomorrow.

I woke up an hour and a half before I was supposed to give a presentation on the 540 page book I read this week. Had I started the presentation? Pish posh. I'd only finished the book yesterday! In the course of 20 seconds, every drawer in the room was open, scissors were cutting, pictures were printing, string was strunging, markers were marking aaaaaaaaaaannd- done. RUN-NO.WALKwithdignity to class.

3 hours hours hours of presentations later, I ate dinner. I've now brought me to now. I would say that I've brought you to now, but the "now" that I'm talking about will inevitably be "then" by the time that you reach now.

I will now foresooth: "Publish Post." Grammar work. Grammar studying. Sleep.

1 comment:

  1. i liked the "now vs then" part.
    did you mean to say "short story long?"
    ...i liked that too.

    ReplyDelete