Tuesday, December 28, 2010

facebook is

an evil demon that keeps you from doing good things like reading or being a human. REPENT! All ye--- ... novelty of melodrama is dead.

Dad threw out his back. He basically caber-tossed himself into a 45 degree angle. So he and I went to the doctors office today, then we went shopping, then I treated him to Panera Bread - which he had never had!

Then we had "family time"? WHUUT is that. Becca joined Ben, Bethany, Scott, and Cindy in a rousing game of Catch Phrase. Personal favorite. Ben wanted to describe a tank, but changed his mind about how to explain it. It sounded like this: "OKAY- FISH!!! NO!!! GENERAL SHERMAN LIKES THIS!!!!" Beep-beep-beep. A point for us.

Afterwards, I taught a cautious mother and the Ben/Becca duo spicey uno. At first they seemed wary, but as things grew competitive and I spoke enthusiastically in my South American/Indian accent... they got into it. Ben drew a triforce next to his name. Classy.

4 comments:

  1. Amen. I repent. Get me OFF of there!!

    I am so glad that you had some family family time. I hope your dad's back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spicy Uno es the bessssssssst.

    Also, I appreciate your usage of caper-toss.

    How's No-name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to teach my parents spicy uno. They hated it. :(

    ReplyDelete