Saturday, January 1, 2011

200th post for 2011

Happy New Year! I was expecting to get several excited texts about the New Year from people east of Nevada -- but apparently that side of the world is too busy boozin' it up.

We're at Spencer's grandparent's empty house. We're playing sardines and name-everyone-in-our-class. We're eating lasagna and too much breads and dips. Spencer brought his good tea and I've been inhaling it. (Inhaling=quickly sipping in the hot drink world.)

Can we just give a moment for Chelsea, who hid in a cabinet that was less than 8 inches wide? Can we have a moment for David Freakin Sommers, who managed to pinpoint the 64th person in our class after everyone else gave up? A bowed head or two for the slow-exposure photos in front of a window overlooking the bay in all it's San Francisco buildinged, golden-gated beauty??

It's the last hour of 2010. We are so blessed, are we not? HECK. YESweare.

Then Nick, Spencer, Shelty, Matt, Anna, Granma, Brittany, and I sat in a circle in our sleeping bags and prayed in the new year. I have no words -- the body of believers... who are my best friends? It's too good to be true. It's straight up Kingdom.

Click here to see photos from the night on Nick's blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Awh. It sounds like so much fun. I'm jealous. My New Years Eve: Watched Letters to Juliet with my parents until they went to bed around ten o' clock. I then proceeded to watch the ball drop on my own. Hahaha. It wasn't quite so pitiful. Mmmm. I bet that view of San Fancisco is beautiful. I'll have to visit California someday. :)

    ReplyDelete