Sunday, May 16, 2010

And so it begins

You know that line in Lord of the Rings? About being careful about your footing because... fine. I'll look it up. There she is: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." My new prayer this summer is to be swept off into God's plan. I have very, very few plans -- but I have two feet! So off I go!

I have four things for you.
1. I glazed a mug and put a rabbit inside. He doesn't have a name and he's lost his pocket watch.

2. I have started writing again. Nothing too exciting, but I haven't stirred those juices in a while so... think of this as the preverbal cracking of the knuckles before something fun comes out of my fingertips.

At the moment I'm writing about a Panic who is stuck in a female's subconscious. He's not happy because everything in a female's subconscious flows into itself, so if he accidentally touches anything, he sends his electrical current through the whole shabang. He's luckily found a disconnected pod labeled "Mark" that he's hiding in until he is released. The Relief that would have let him out by now is visiting a higher power because the female in question apparently doesn't exist.

3. I've started playing tennis again! :)

4. I figured I always have a lot to say, so I would need at least four points. ... alas. OH! POINT FOUR! I'm going to read Sherlock Holmes to Kayla for her bedtime story. I'm excited :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm very excited for this story you speak of. send me some drafts when they're finished.

    ReplyDelete